What Appeals To You In
Welcome and thank you for stopping by. I look forward to sharing with you some helpful alternative (holistic) health ideas.
Actually, natural health remedies began with me as a little girl growing up on a dairy farm. We used plants such as catnip to help our farm cats recover from illnesses. We grew vegetables in our chemical free organic garden and then canned and froze the foods to carry us into the next growing season.
Our cows and chickens grazed and roamed on the natural grasses that were growing. We ate fresh laid eggs and drank raw milk—yum! Breathing steam from a tea kettle helped our stuffed noses when we were congested. My mother would place light finger pressure onto our foreheads and stroke upward toward the scalp
and massage the back of our heads to relieve headaches.
I did what I call a career extension at the age of 56. I had been working as a nurse for over 30 years and thought what am I going to do with the next 50 years of my life!
After attending workshops on self-healing, expanding the inner self, and the power of touch, what happened for me was truly amazing. A world opened for me that would extend beyond the scope of traditional health practices of western medicine. I believe in incorporating both alternative health and western
practices for vital health.
I discovered that the field of Massage Therapy, with all that it had to offer, was what I wanted to pursue.
The massage classes continued self development and inner growth for me. Keeping myself in the present moment, enjoying and being comfortable in the present, continues to be an ongoing journey.
Focusing on being in the present allows me to be calm and appreciative of even the little events of life. I am grateful the sun is shining and my internal battery can be recharged. Just watching the birds fly from my cedar tree to their feeder and sing their harmonious song brings contentment.
Staying in the present moment for me means to be centered and grounded. I like to picture my feet planted into the earth and visualize the energy the earth offers to me.
Having my own massage business has been very rewarding, challenging and allows me to be creative. For me, taking the step from being employed to being my own employer was exciting and somewhat scary. Financially, I had a base because of the retirement monies I would receive monthly.
Outside of that, I desire financial independence and the freedom to decide what hours and days I wanted to devote to doing massage and when to pursue other interests or just play.
My attention and passion are focused on women over 40. This includes researching and teaching alternative health options and offering encouragement to live your dreams and desires. In addition, I will offer strategies for self development as a successful business builder!
- Gail's Alternative Health and Business Builders Community
- Come and hear about Gail's experiences, research, and opinions about Natural Health Alternatives and Building a Business.
- The Right Touch Massage Therapy
- Gail Merkel, Certified Massage Therapist, offers you a delightful, relaxing massage that allows you to melt away the stress! Come and experience the benefits of massage therapy with the Right Touch.
- Heart Health
- Do you think about heart health when you are healthy? Hear Gail's story on heart health as she journeys beyond coronary artery disease.
- Natural Remedies
- I invite you to learn about Natural Remedies, including herbs, food, supplements, healing modalities, exercise/fitness to maintain optimum health!
- Massage Therapy Services
- Check out the massage services offered at The Right Touch by Gail Merkel, Certified Massage Therapist. Check out the benefits of Cranial Sacral, Reflexology, Myofascial Release, Lymphatic.
- Healthy Foods Offer Nutritional Healing
- Stop by Healthy Foods Offer Nutritional Healing and learn about natural health remedies for a healthy diet!
- Pet Health
- What pet health alternative practices and therapies would you choose?
- Right Touch Massage Therapy Testimonies
- Check out what the clients of The Right Touch have to say about Gail Merkel's Massage Therapy Services.
- The Right Touch Massage Therapy Contact Me
- Find out how to contact Gail Merkel at the Right Touch Massage Therapy. What does Gail Merkel recommend?
- Raw Honey and Cinnamon
- Do you know about the beneifts of raw honey and cinnamon? You will want to hear about these natural cures.
- Recommended Resources
- It is my commitment to share with you extremely valuable Resources for Alternative Health and Business Builders that benfit your Body, Mind, and Soul.
- Books I Recommend
- I recommend these books to you as I have read them and used them in my healthy living!
- About Me Gail Merkel
- Learn about where my beliefs and philosophies came from as I share about my life.
- This is the contact page for Gails Alternative Health and Bus. Builders Communit
- Stop at this page to contact Gail at her Alternative Health and Business Builders Community.
- Heart Health Recipes For Nutritional Healing
- Heart Health Recipes include Whole Foods and Vitamin Suppliments for Nutritional Healing
- Relaxation Techniques for Stress Relief
- What are your preferred relaxation techniques for stress relief?
- Lower Back Pain - A Natural Health Remedy
- Here is a way to Improve Lower Back Pain, Naturally.
- The Importance of Hydration
- Have you heard of the water cure? Learn how to make your own gatorade.
- Learn How To Make Money From Home
- I am a small business website builder focusing on making money from home with a home based business that includes a massage therapy business plan.
- Low thyroid function or an underactive thyroid, may show symptoms similar to peri-menopause or menopause.
- Environmental Health For Your Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Enjoy using an environmental friendly cleaning product and always have purified drinking water at your finger tips for your environmental health!
- Cesar Millan "Need Assistance with dog training?"
- Cesar Millan, the dog whisperer, uses natural remedies to “train people and rehabilitate dogs.”
- Canine Supplements
- Canine supplements is a topic that will fascinate you!
- Alternative Pet Health
- Alternative Pet Health includes information about dental care, human food for dogs, commercial foods (do's and dont's) and so much more...
- Pet Health Questions
- Here are common pet health questions answered with a natural slant. Educate yourself and be aware for you and your family pet. Please let me know if you have a question or want to contribute.
- Pet Massage
- Pet massage is one form of a natural health remedy. Give the gift of relaxation to your pet.
- Pet Remedies
- There are numerous forms of pet remedies for your pet's natural health. Several forms of natural health remedies are soothing, safe and beneficial for our pets.
- Tick Prevention
- Flea and tick prevention with natural solutions is an integral part of your pet health plan.
- What do you look for in a natural heartworm program for your pet? You will find extensive information here for you and your dog.
- Meditation Techniques
- Are there meditation techniques that you feel would work best for you? Learning how to meditate would enhance an inner calm, peace, and relaxation.
- Yoga For Back Pain
- Yoga for back pain assists in strengthening your core muscles, all of our abdominal and especially lower back. Check out the two easy-to-learn yoga poses on this site--Here's to your natural health!